12 Miami vs. 2 Ohio State, 3:40pm, ESPNThe long awaited rematch of the 2002 BCS National Championship game that saw the Buckeyes defeat the Hurricanes in double overtime. While Craig Krenzel is long gone, the 2 Buckeyes hope junior QB Terrelle Pryor – a western PA quarterback – can lead them back to the championship game. Miami’s QB phenom Jacory Harris threw for 3352 yards last season, leading the Hurricanes to a 9-4 record.
Prediction: Terrelle Pryor is one of the most exciting players I have ever seen live. Many expect this will be one the best games of the season and I cannot see how the match-up of these two junior QB can disappoint. Ohio State wins, but if this game mimics the ’02 National Championship game – i.e. double overtime thriller – we all win.
And yes, I just made that terrible cliché.
- Jeff Laboon
No comments:
Post a Comment