![]() |
| (AP Photo/Gus Ruelas) |
Losing point guard Jio Fontan led the Trojans to move Jones from shooting guard to the point guard position, a move that will thrust him into the starring role. For any other college kid who doesn’t turn 20 until December, the pressure might be too much, but O’Neill doesn’t have any concerns about Jones.
"For me it's a process right now trying to get Mo to do more all the time. Because of the make-up of our team, he has to be in attack mode all the time. He's going to be a great defender. He's got to be prepared to play 40 minutes a game. He's got to lead.”
Last year, Jones started the first 25 games. He averaged the second most minutes on the team (34.5) while averaged 9.9 points and 3.2 assists, second and third on the team respectively. After being nagged by injuries last year, he has been limited in practice, so far with a sprained ankle. In order to be a threat in the Pac-12 and to make a run in the NCAA, Jones needs to remain healthy.
"I've just got to be more careful trying not to get hurt and things like that," Jones said Friday. "But still practice, play hard and things like that. I don't take it lightly. I've still got to give 100 percent while I'm out there."

No comments:
Post a Comment