Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Iguodala Is Ready


New Denver Nuggets point guard Andre Iguodala is ready for a new chapter of his life after a busy summer.

By Kristina Callahan

Eight years is a long time, ask Andre Iguodala. After spending eight years with the Philadelphia 76ers, the shooting guard is transitioning to a new home in Denver, Colorado.

The new Nugget had a busy summer. While in London winning a gold medal with his Team USA teammates, Iguodala was traded to Denver in a trade between the Sixers, Los Angeles Lakers, Denver Nuggets and Orlando Magic. The trade sent Dwight Howard to the Lakers, Iguodala to Denver and Andrew Bynum to Philadelphia.

AP Photo/ Sue Ogrocki
Many analysts have Denver as a title contender with the addition of Iguodala. After winning gold in London and getting a taste of what it’s like to have a title, the former Arizona Wildcat and his new team want to keep getting better.

“We're going to be scary. We're just trying to stay silent right now; keep working, keep grinding,” said Iguodala.

Eights years in Philly brought little stability and consistency. In those eight years with the 76ers, Iguodala saw six head coaches come and go. When he was drafted in 2004, George Karl took over the Nuggets and hasn’t finished below second place in the Northwest Conference. This is something that he is looking forward to.

“Also, I've just been through so much as far as variables. I've never had stability as far as like coaches. I've always had a different coach, a different GM or a different key player every year. I still think I have to show him (Karl) some things that he doesn't know that I can do yet. It's kind of like I have to try all over again, but that's been the story of my career, though. So many different coaches, it's like you've got to prove yourself again.”

With Iguodala’s leadership and the talent of a young Nuggets team, the 28-year-old is mixing business with pleasure.

“It's a young crew, so we've got some goofy young guys. It's been a lot of fun so far. I've been working hard with [Nuggets strength and conditioning coach] Steve Hess.”

No comments:

Post a Comment